Configuring the Lead Page Layout
To subscribe a Salesforce lead to a subscriber list, you need to add a button ("Add to Subscriber List") to your lead page layout. Also, in order to view the email activity data (email opens and clicks) retrieved from Campaign Monitor, you must add a related list called "Email Activities" to your person account layout.
These components are already included in the Connector package, so you only need to add them to your relevant page layout. To do that:
- Add the two custom buttons, Add to Subscriber List and Refresh Subscriptions, to the page layout.
Adding Multiple Leads to a Subscriber List
list by using the List View Button provided by Connector for Salesforce + Campaign Monitor. To configure this:
- Setup > App Setup > Customize > Leads > Search Layouts
- Click the Edit link for the Lead List View item.
- Add the custom button Add to Subscriber List and click Save.
- Navigate to the Leads tab, and select a List View which has the leads you wish to add to a Subscriber List.
- In the List View, select the records using the checkboxes on the left. Now click the Add to Subscriber List button.
- On the next screen, choose which Subscriber List to add the leads to. Click the Add to List button.
- After the leads are successfully added, the screen will show the results, including the errors if any.
If you want to add subscribers that cannot be listed as a Salesforce list view as above, please refer to the section Exporting/Importing Multiple Contacts to a Subscriber List Using a Report (CSV) in our installation and configuration guide.
On Campaign Monitor, you should be able to see the leads added from Salesforce, similar to the following: